- Describe the Hazard Communication standard.
- Identify the physical properties and hazards associated with handling, storing, and transporting chemicals.
- Describe physical and health hazards associated with exposure to chemicals.
- Describe the key elements of a material safety data sheet.
- Describe a hazardous chemical inventory list.
- Explain the purpose of a written Hazard Communication program.
- Identify methods used to protect process technicians from hazardous chemicals.
- Identify safety signs, tags, and warning labels utilized by process technicians.
- Describe toxicology and the terms associated with it.
- Describe the material classification system for DOT.
- Describe the Hazardous Materials Identification System.
- Describe the National Fire Prevention Association labeling system.
Read chapter 6 of the textbook and review the following videos.
Introduction to Hazard Identification for Operators and Maintenance Workers
GHS HazCom Training Video
Free OSHA Training Tutorial – Understanding GHS Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s)
NFPA Journal – Hazard Labeling Guidelines in NFPA 704
- Complete the homework associated with the reading.
- Complete the assigned activity.
- Complete the activity quiz.
- Complete the chapter quiz.