- Identify personal protective equipment found in a plant.
- Describe when and how to use personal protective equipment.
- Identify typical workplace hazards.
- Discuss the methods of hazard exposure prevention.
- Contrast emergency response and PPE.
- Describe the four levels of personal protective equipment.
- Describe the principles of hearing protection.
- Identify PPE outerwear worn by technicians.
- Explain the general limitations of PPE equipment.
- Contrast engineering/environmental controls and PPE.
- Explain the purpose of respiratory protection.
- Describe air-purifying respirators.
- Describe air-supplying respirators.
- Describe air purifying, half-face respirators.
- Describe air purifying, full-face respirators.
- Describe an air supplying self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Describe an air supplying hose line respirator
- Explain the steps required to take care of and use a respirator.
- Analyze and contrast the limitations of each type of respirator.
- Review the procedures for donning and doffing air purifying respirators.
Read and Watch
Read chapter 10 of the textbook. Watch the following videos:
I could save a life today
Safety 101: Personal Protective Equipment
3M Respirator Fit Kit Test Video
- Complete the homework associated with the reading.
- Complete the activity assigned.
- Complete the activity quiz.
- Complete the chapter quiz.