- Review Different Types of Drawings
- Identify instrumentation on a P&ID, using the symbols from Chapter 12
- Describe a control loop and its function, based on a P&ID layout
[image 140-14-02] Process Flow diagram
Piping and Instrumentation
[image 140-14-03] Piping and Instrumentation diagram
- Review Table 12-1 for how to interpret tag numbers (separate doc)
- Demonstrate clouding to show modifications
- Look at Alpha Oil D-00-F1000
- Legend, symbol key for set of PIDs
- As level in Vessel rises, how should flowrate at FIC-122 (setpoint) change?
- Will FV-122 be opening or closing as the signal from the FIC increases?
- Is LIC-125 Reverse- or Direct-Acting?
- Is FIC-122 Reverse- or Direct-Acting?
|Component||Data to Fill In:||0% Range (low end)||Mid-range (setpoint)||100% range (high end)|
|V-107 Level||Vessel level - lowest setpoint, highest||Lowest||Setpoint||Highest|
|Controller Input, LT-125 output signal||Signal in mA, generally speaking||4 mA||12 mA||20 mA|
|LIC-125 output signal (setpoint to FIC-122)||Setpoint to FIC-122 -- Lowest, middle, highest||Lowest||Middle||Highest|
|FIC-122 output signal to FV-122 "Lowest to Highest"||Overall signal to FV - 122 -- Low, Middle, High||Low||Middle||High|
|Overall FV-122 Valve position - "% open"||Valve position - Closed, Middle, Open||Closed||Middle||Open|