- Describe the hazards associated with electricity.
- List the hazards associated with the operation and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Describe the hazards of bonding and grounding.
- Describe the hazards of working with noise, heat, and radiation.
- List the ergonomic hazards found in the chemical processing industry.
- Analyze the hazards connected to confined space entry.
- List the hazards associated with industrial lifting.
- Identify the biological hazards found in a chemical facility.
- Describe the primary concerns about bloodborne pathogens. Bloodborne Pathogens–CFR 1910.1030
- Describe the hearing conservation standard. Occupational Noise Exposure 29 CFR 1910.95
- Explain the effects of noise on hearing.
- Review the purpose of hearing protection devices.
- Describe the selection, use, fit, and care of hearing protection.
- Explain the purpose of audiometric testing.
Read & Watch
Read chapter 8 of the textbook. Watch the following videos:
Noise Exposure and Hearing Conservation
Ergonomics Awareness: For Employees and Supervisors — Short Version
Electrical Safety Awareness for Non-Electrical Workers
- Complete the homework associated with the reading.
- Complete the assigned activity.
- Complete the activity survey.
- Complete the chapter quiz.