- Identify the attitudes and behaviors for safe and environmentally sound work habits.
- Contrast safety, health, and environmental issues with the performance of job tasks.
- Explain how hazardous chemicals can enter the human body.
- Discuss the dose response relationship.
- Describe key elements of environmental awareness training.
- Identify the primary reasons for air pollution control.
- Explain the importance of water pollution control.
- Describe solid waste control.
- Explain how the toxic substances control standard protects chemical technicians.
- Describe the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- Explain the purpose of the Toxic Substances Control Act.
- Contrast the clean up of chemical waste and the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) or Superfund Law.
- Describe the role and responsibilities of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Read and Watch
Read chapter 3 of the textbook.
Watch the following:
- Complete the homework assignment associated with the assigned reading.
- Complete the chapter activity.
- Complete the activity quiz (below).
- Complete the chapter quiz.
Respond to these questions based on information you’ve encountered in this chapter.