- Describe the different types of permit systems found in the chemical processing industry. Describe hot work permits (CFR 29 1910.119).
- Describe energy isolation and lockout/tagout (CFR 29 1910.147).
- Analyze the confined space entry procedure (CFR 29 1910.146).
- Review opening and blinding permits.
- Utilize a permit to enter.
- Describe an energy isolation permit.
- Recognize an unplugging permit.
- Describe cold work permits.
Read and Watch
Read chapter 9 of the textbook. Watch the following videos:
Permit Required Confined Space
Hotwork Welding – Safety Training Video Course – Safetyinfo.com
Lockout Tagout Safety Training Video
- Complete the homework associated with the assigned reading.
- Complete the activity associated with the reading.
- Complete the survey associated with the activity.
- Complete the chapter quiz.