- Describe the principles of fire prevention, protection, and control.
- Review the chemistry of fire.
- Describe the fire classification system.
- Evaluate the different types of fire extinguishers.
- Analyze the different fire stages.
- Identify the various types of fire-fighting equipment.
- Respond to a fire emergency.
- Describe flammable and explosive materials.
- Contrast the Monsanto chemical plant Texas City explosion 1947 with the Union Carbide Bhopal, India vapor release 1984.
- Evaluate the impact of the Phillips, Houston TX. vapor release and explosion (1989) and the ARCO, Houston TX. explosion (1990) on the development of the process safety management standard.
Read and Watch
Read chapter 7 of the textbook. Watch the following videos:
Extinguisher Use — How to use a Fire Extinguisher
Fire Safety — Fire Extinguisher Types and Use
- Complete the homework associated with the reading.
- Complete the activity.
- Complete the activity quiz.
- Complete the chapter quiz